Friday, June 3, 2011

Summer Kick-Off!

My previous post, I was super excited to get back to normal life again.... lol. Right.

I contemplated writing about the too fast and too furious roller coaster that began. From the slow creep up, up, up... to an inevitable and long emotional fall. A little jolt to the immune system, followed by a crazy loop of crazy fun and back down full speed ahead to a dead stop. Now, everything is still and I have time to breath, think and catch up. I know I’ll be forced to jump on that ride again sooner or later, but for now life is on my terms.

There are lots of things in store this summer! I already kicked off in May going to Yarn School in Harveyville, KS. It was so AWESOME!!! I met a lot of really cool gals that totally talk sheep. Not once did I get that glazed wtf-are-you-talking-about stare. It was about 30 of us ladies happily spinning, fondling fibers and playing with the sheep and chickens all weekend long.



It had been rainy and gloomy well into the Spring, so Vegas was on the agenda to get that much needed Vitamin D and to get a jump on the summer tan. We had a blast and I won! I don’t know how much really, I just know I went with little cash and never once had to go to the ATM! Vegas was good to me.

Once we got back and settled, we spent Memorial day weekend stirring up the earth and planting our garden. Varieties of Tomatoes, peppers, squash, beans, peas, broccoli, lettuce, onions, potatoes....you name it, we planted it! I so look forward to all our great veggie dinners again, and harvesting, roasting, jamming, sun drying and whatever else we can think of doing with our harvest.

So, what’s next?


I hope you too, have a wonderful summer planned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home