Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Lusk


The snow is finally falling. It’s been an unusually warm November and it has made me kind of frustrated. With each warm day it just reminds me of the great summer past.

Out of all the great adventures this summer, I would have to say the most memorable adventure was Sturgis. The journey there, the time there, the journey back.

We packed our gear into our friends Mercedes Benz SUV. Why is Mercedes Benz SUV relevant? Well, in above 90 degree weather, in stand still traffic on I-25, I just couldn’t get motivated to ride on the back of the bike over the brand new plush leather interior and climate controlled luxury that was this vehicle. Plus, I had Circus Peanuts to munch on.

We got to Wyoming and that is about the time I climbed on the back of the bike. While this is a good size bike, it’s not really set up for traveling partners. Not even a Sissy bar.

We rode for a good amount of time and we ended up in a small town called Lusk, WY. We rode through the town barely passing it by before we decided to turn around and call it a night. The sparkling cool water of the hotel pools and the thought a nice cold beer was just to tempting to keep riding. We found our hotel, checked in, then hit the 2 bar town.

I swear, I felt like I should have been in a town that would have been in "No Country for Old Men". The bar we walked into was dark and dingy. The people there looked worn, not that this is a bad thing, but you know, they looked tired and drunk. Fly swatters were placed at various tables and I jumped a little at the SWAT that was one of the fly’s demise. Even though we got some stank eyes walking in, the bartender acted as if we didn’t exist. We finally got our beers and chili dogs, which I’m pretty sure had fly guts in it and began to relax.

By the end of the night I had an Australian man drink beer from my very, very worn flip flop, learned a few moves from some strippers and enjoyed a midnight dip in the pool.


What is a Restaurant Package??







Few beers later...


The next morning, I climbed on the back of the bike anxious for what awaited us in our destination.

To be continued…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home