Monday, December 8, 2008

Knit Chat

I know I have not been blogging a lot, nor have I blogged about knitting in a while. This doesn't mean I have not been knitting, I have been knitting a lot. In fact, I even started a knitting group with a few ladies and I am recruiting more.

I got my Swap-Bot partner for my first swap, eva! I *heart* swap-bot, I'm so glad I found you and I can't wait to start mailing goodies to people I don't even know.

Of course I started my Christmas knitting late and I'm scrambling trying to get my projects done. I was pleased when I found this pattern as I thought it would bring a different look and feel to your normal wrist warmer and offer a light and feminine style. Little did I know, until I bought the Rowan Kid Mohair at $14 a pop that this project not only brought style but it also brought a lot of frustration and four letter words that you just don't say around Christmas time. I also realized that the fragile state of this yarn made it a very unpractical wrist warmer, especially since when I put the damn thing on the yarn snapped causing me to snap, flinging the wrist warmer off the needles (mohair is very slippery on skacels) . The partially done wrist warmer will now rot in hell like the devil project it is behind the TV.



After my little wrist warmer mishap, I happily headed out to my LYS to select a more user friendly mohair. I was very excited when I found Berraco Jasper 100% Merino Wool. It's soft and comes in a beautiful array of colors. The pattern I have chosen comes out of Weekend Knitting. I sat down with my happy yarn, and happy needles and I was just so happy as I gingerly knitted away completing my first warmer within 3 hours. Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!! Looks like I will not need to give away IOU Insert knitted project gift here Cards again. Jooooy!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Nae said...

Yay for swapbot! I just joined up too. Joined the I love your Blog Swap and here I am reading your fabulous blog! I have just started up sewing after 7 years of scrapbooking. So great that I got to look at your blog. Im going to add you to my bloglines. Do you have an etsy shop? Would love to see your stuff!

Love always,
Renae
Uninae

December 11, 2008 at 4:09 PM  
Blogger J Leona said...

Thanks for stopping by! Swapbot is awesome!

I'm in to all kinds of crafts but mainly jewelry and knitting. My etsy shop is http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5347372 I need to update it but will probably wait until after the holidays.

Bloglines, I need to add that for sure! I've been meaning to as I have people I really enjoy reading and should share that on my blog.

Don't be a stranger!

Jen

December 11, 2008 at 5:14 PM  
Anonymous mama said...

I like to swap too i am from france you can see my profil here http://www.sirpriz.com/mama

Have a nice day !!

December 28, 2008 at 6:29 AM  
Blogger J Leona said...

Mama, France is so awesome! I've been to France and Italy a couple of times. I did spend more time in Italy, but I would like to spend more time in France as well. Do you do swapbot at all? What kinds of things do you swap? It would be cool to do an international swap since there are things there you can't get here and vice versa. :)

December 29, 2008 at 9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home