Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Top 5 Things to do in Vegas

5. Dress Up

I don’t mean prom dresses here, I mean pick a theme and run with it. We chose to go 70’s style. I picked up a cute authentic 70’s orange dress and paired it with some big orange hoop earrings. I was feeling a bit self conscience at first since the moment I bent over I was exposing more than I cared too but I quickly learned how to gracefully do what I needed without mooning everyone. I had the makeup and hair to match and I have to admit, I looked hot in a crazy 70’s way.

4. Drink Pina Coladas by the Pool Side

This is a luxury I do not posses and I thoroughly enjoyed it. 78 degrees, sipping on a Pina Colada, surrounded by beautiful people and the sweet, sweet voice of my boy. What more could a girl ask for? This was my 2 hour Heaven.

3. Watch the Light Show on Fremont…lying down.

We went to the original Vegas Strip on Fremont Street. Granted it was ghetto and all the cottonheads hung out there but it was a lot cheaper and had as much energy as the main strip.
There is this canopy of lights on Fremont Street and a show is performed about every 45 minutes or so. The canopy is way up in the sky so you have to look up to watch the show. After about 2 minutes of cranking my neck to watch this show, I decided to lie down. Sure, it’s a Vegas sidewalk and it’s dirty with lord knows what, but I thought to myself, I’m human and I’m washable, what the hell it’s Vegas. So I watched the rest of the show on my back. It was such a better experience. By the time the next show started we had other people lying down too. I’m telling you folks, don’t think about it, just do it it’s such a better experience.

2. Play Poker

Playing poker can be an intimidating experience if you’ve never done it before. I did get a crash course and actually took second in a poker tournament right before I left for Vegas, BUT it still is not as scary as I thought it would be. What I learned is it’s not the winning, it’s enjoying the social aspect of poker. You meet a lot of people and it’s entertaining to just watch. Of course winning is always fun, especially when you are the only woman at the table.

Drumroll please.........


THE NUMBER ONE THING TO DO IN VEGAS…….

Walk the strip with a Banana

Yup you read that right folks. This banana which we now all know as Wilson, an inspiration from the Volleyball in Cast away was more entertaining than watching grown men in blue paint. It wasn’t just the banana it was the person carrying the banana, only he could pull this off. I anxiously waited for the first person to actually not laugh it off and just punch him in the face but it never happened. He pointed this banana at people, ran up to innocent bystanders taking family photos and posed happily with these unsuspecting victims. They will always remember the crazy guy with the banana and I will always remember the following quotes that you will only hear in Vegas while carrying a banana down the strip ;

“Sir,no bananas are allowed on the table”
“Sir, please remove your banana from the table”
“Man, he’s gettin banana juice all over the place”

And the best quote Eva in Vegas:

Damn! That mothafucka'z ripe!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home