Monday, March 10, 2008

Loving is Letting Go

This was a quote I recently came across in the movie Jane Austen’s Book Club. It’s funny how when we are going through different chapters of our life our eyes are open to things relevant to our current circumstances.

My personal belief is spiritual. I believe that someone above is looking out for me. I believe that these little signs that my eyes are open to at that very moment are blessings letting me know it’s going to be ok. It is always an opportunity to learn from the experience and make it a part of who I am.

People who cross my path, and I theirs have always had significant meaning for me. It is the brief encounter with a stranger when something is said that may have not meant much to them, but are words that have an impact on me. The pastor in church whose service felt like it was meant, just for me. The relationship you thought would last forever and it was so painful to let go , but in the end both of you are on a new path to better things.

I can’t ever believe that time I have spent in a place, with a person is ever a waste. I have spent several years of my life not really happy. I’m the kind of person that can find the best in everything and that’s what I did. I wasn’t happy, but I was accommodating and I accepted the place I was in, made the best of it. That has since ended. It was a bitter ending. It was the best thing that could have ever happened to me and to him.

The earlier chapters of my life have had their challenges and blessings. These past few years have really been the hardest. I have had to face some truths and learn to cope. I’m not there yet, but I’m working on it. I may never have it fully figured out, but I don’t need to. I just need to know how I feel today and live in the moment for awhile. This is something I’ve never done and I need to relish the opportunity I have to do it now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about drunk strangers carrying guitars down Main Street?

March 15, 2008 at 6:28 AM  
Blogger J Leona said...

I’ve seen this and it was a very powerful moment. This was one of those times that I couldn’t help but know that something bigger was going on.

I was walking with my boyfriend down main street and this stranger approached us. Yes he was drunk, but he spoke pretty clearly. He spoke of life challenges, God, and religion. He spoke truths that he should not have known, he spoke about predictions he had. The thing about it is what he had to say seemed so far out of reach, but the qualities to become what this stranger predicted are all there. I think it was enough to have us listen and try to make sense of what this stranger (angel) was saying. It may not make sense now, but it could later in another chapter in our life.

So yes, anonymous, I believe this drunk stranger hauling a guitar on his back had a message he needed to deliver.

March 15, 2008 at 6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home