Monday, March 17, 2008

Everyone is Irish Today!

I really should be studying right now. I mean after I got rejected, that’s right, me from a job I realized I need to study and get my shit together before I interview again. I was so excited for this interview. This is an edgy, innovative company and thought for sure the people who work there would have the personality to match. Not so much. This guy had a big stick up his butt and I’m not saying that just b/c he rejected me. Truly, he is why DBAs are stereo-typed as anal retentive perfectionists. I know I would not have fit in after all.

So I was totally focused on getting off of work, going to the gym, shampooing my carpets, grocery shopping and studying all when I got home. Instead, I spent time bullshitting with family, getting beer and coming home to update my blog with nonsense. First of all, how was I going to accomplish all that in one night, second, it’s St. Patty’s day why would I want to accomplish all that this night?

I officially celebrated St. Patty’s day Saturday night. It was my first time…EVA to go somewhere for St. Patty’s day. I went downtown, stood outside in the semi-cold, in a line for about 15 min. Got to the front to pay a $10 cover to enter the event which was outside in the semi-cold and getting colder to drink $9 beers and watch others drink $9 beers. I later discovered, after my 2nd $9 beer why this event is so successful. It’s because after your 2nd and counting $9 beer you just don’t give a shit anymore and suddenly everyone is funny and your best friend. So, by the end of the night, I found myself having a blast! So I guess you can’t judge an event by it’s cover, not until you have a few beers at least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home