Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Simple Kind Of Life

I have this constant yearning, this tug at my heart pulling me. It never stops. It will subside for awhile, as the chaos which is my life distracts me from this desire, but it never goes away.

I want to believe that this is my destiny. This is what I am supposed to do and be. It isn’t anything noble, it’s actually a selfish desire. It just feels like it’s where I belong.

I can easily imagine walking through narrow allies, chatting with the locals. Fresh bread baking. Stop in for espresso. Walking up ancient steps to my little jewelry shop.

Salt in the air from the Mediterranean Sea. Fisherman unloading his small boat loaded with the catch of the day for the local Ristorante. Simple pleasures. A Felines paradise.

These are rambling thoughts, I know. I feel it so deeply I cannot express it in words. It’s just been one of those days I like to escape to my place of serenity.

3 Comments:

Blogger m•riah said...

I want that kinda of life too :P thats a nice place

February 22, 2008 at 6:31 PM  
Blogger J Leona said...

Yes it is. I am describing Vernazza. It is a small town of the Cinque Terre in Italy. I have been blessed to visit twice and I just love it. They live so simply and are surrounded by beauty. This is what I want. :)

March 2, 2008 at 5:00 PM  
Blogger V's Wife said...

I feel similar, I miss Europe an the amazing life I live when I live there.

March 17, 2008 at 8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home