Thursday, December 27, 2007

Hallelujah!

I love New Years. My mood has taken a 180 now that the Holiday season is wrapping up. I got through it and everyone is still alive. Hallelujah!

Tonight was a good night. I made some rockin Clam Linguini that I enjoyed with some Asiago shavings and a glass (2,3) of Gabbiano Wine.

I just started drinking Gabbiono, well really Chianti wine again. I forgot how much I like Chianti wine, it reminds me of Tuscany so much. It has a prevalent olive flavor and musty aroma. A cool thing I learned about Chianti Wine is a Classic Chianti that originates from the Tuscan Chianti region may be identified by a Black Cock on the label. This is a “true” Chianti. Other Chianti’s are such due to their main Grape varietal Sangiovese, So, needless to say, when I want a really good Chianti I look for the Black Cock. Go ahead, laugh.

I have not posted about knitting in awhile so here it is. I am working on my first lace project… For those of you who do, have tempted, or even thought about lace knitting you will understand the complexity and patience this type of project requires. For you non-knitters, leave me the f@$& alone and let me knit this god damn thing or else I will jab my knitting needles into BOTH of your eyes. I do not plan on finishing this thing until December 2008.


For relaxation I have started knitting dish cloths out of Mason Dixon Knits. I completed my first one and I love, LOVE it. It feels so good and productive! I like me a good productive dish cloth.


Tonight I’m going to dig into my stash and pull out all my wool and for a good cause. No, it’s not to roll around in nekkid. I found this great site for Charity knitting,Warm Wollies I have really wanted to do Charity Knitting and there is no time better than New Years to get started on this great resolution. I have been blessed with lots of wool yarn that will be prefect for these small projects. The really cool thing about this Charity is they will also supply the wool yarn if needed. So, New Years Eve, I’ll be casting on for a child in need.

If I don’t find something to rant, rave, or rattle about before the new year , Happy New Year!! See you in 2008.

3 Comments:

Blogger m•riah said...

I love knit dish rags!!

Great projects!! :D

December 31, 2007 at 3:43 PM  
Blogger Rock Hammer said...

I wish I could have spent New Years with you. Those are Bronco colors. Sort of.

I miss you and I hope to be a big part of your New Year.

January 1, 2008 at 1:50 AM  
Blogger J Leona said...

m•riah: Thanks, the dishcloths are fun. I haven't actually used one yet since this one is not for me. I'm working on another using a textured cotton yarn. I like the way it's turning out. They are fun projects!

rock hammer: haha, never called you that before. I wish you could have been here too although the requirement would have been for you to join in on the knitting marathon. Can just one person do a marathon anyway?

We are going to have a blast this New Year, I really look forward to it.

January 1, 2008 at 8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home