Saturday, December 8, 2007

Gimme More

I don’t know how to respond to “Damn, you look good for your age” from a 20 something and “Why are all the beautiful girls spoken for?” from a 70 something on a Friday night at a bar. Let me add, not only did the 70 something continue to drop the lines on me all night, he also proceeded to gyrate his hips to Brittany’s “Gimmi More” smacking an imaginary ass while pointing at me and showing me his toothless grin. Flattered I am not.

Is this the typical night out for a single 30 something? I really don’t know if this is typical or if I should be offended and depressed. Here I have a fairly good looking early 20 something letting me know he is impressed with how well I have kept up with my appearance compared to the other two 30 something’s he knows. I realized I must have not behaved as grateful as he expected since he had to point out he was trying to pay me a compliment. I must have missed the compliment since his comments of “for your age” and “compared to the other two 30 something’s I know” rang in my head like bells of realization that I am no longer the wide eyed, curious and carefree 20 something girl he is probably use to. Where did all that time go?

Then I have a late 70 something letting me know I’m missing out on something good which he well implies is something in his groin area. While he is going to town bumpin N grindin, creeping up on me I desperately look for an out. Damn, too late. He is way too close for comfort whispering in my ear crap about my nationality which turns into a serious lecture about the Irish Republican Army. Squeezing my hand and looking at me straight in me eyes he says “girl you better ask your daddy about he I.R.A.” At that point I momentarily feared for my life even though I knew that with the pool stick in my hand I could take him. Scary. I don’t know why they let crazy people in bars and then liquor them up, but whatever. I think I handled it well.

I guess what it boils down to is how I feel about me. Sure, I get the occasional reminder that my 20 something days are long over, however, I feel young, and I’m sure I always will. I embrace life and alls its heartaches, challenges and successes and I try to experience everything to it’s fullest. It’s all a part of growing, “up”. :0)

5 Comments:

Blogger Bryan said...

Ok, thanks for the comments, I can't believe I only just noticed them...including the one from a month ago (and the one from my buddy from a month before that).

But I had never seen the screen that lists which posts have comments...and I never set up an email address to be notified at...

Anyway I always sympathize with women getting comments from people who are waaaay out of range in terms of age and stuff.

And lately I mix with a crowd that's very diverse in terms of age. So I'm the twenty something on the opposite side of the table from spoken-for thirty somethings, just minus the comments.

Dirty old men though...hilarious and disturbing.

And maybe I'll have to reminisce about Europe in my blog more often.

December 9, 2007 at 1:11 AM  
Blogger Bryan said...

Oh yeah, and long live minerals, haha.

December 9, 2007 at 1:12 AM  
Blogger V's Wife said...

You know I had a strange something similar happen to me not so long ago, I was out with some friends all of whom were younger than me but when some guy came to the table and tried to guess their age he guessed older on all of them. His reasoning was that he assumed they were older because I'm older. I was not impressed :)

December 10, 2007 at 6:14 PM  
Blogger J Leona said...

Bryan: no worries. I am pretty tech savvy when it comes to the backend of computers, but things like blogger, flickr and the such, I really don't know what I'm doing. As far as being that 20 something, you'll be 30 to someday, just wait and see. ;0)

V's Wife: That is funny and sad all at the same time. Hopefully you gave him the "I'm not impressed and you're a moron glare" :0|

December 10, 2007 at 7:12 PM  
Blogger V's Wife said...

Oh yeah I am actually well practiced at the "you're a moron" glare, unfortunately.

December 19, 2007 at 7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home