Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Toothbrush

Le Coq Rouge 2005
“The Red Cock”


“Drink it and don’t think about it.” The clerk at the counter advised. That holds true for most value wines. It’s not half bad. It was the name that intrigued me, so I thought what the hell.

So, I’m cleaning my house preparing for the busy weekend. I know I will not have a chance to do much cleaning this weekend and my guy is coming from over the “bump”, as he likes to call it, so I don’t want to have to worry about it while he is here.

Since he has been taking time to travel here to see me, I’ve decided to put together a little “hospitality” kit. This includes a toothbrush, razor, shaving cream and puff. My initial thought was to get a plastic box to stow away his things and he can help himself when he gets here. It started out with the toothbrush. I also needed a new toothbrush so getting the package with two made sense and was economical. I opened the package and put both toothbrushes in the toothbrush holder. Ah, huh. After examining what I had just done I realized that I had taken a plunge into this so called “next” level of a relationship. Is this a bad thing? No. It’s just weird. I swore off this moment, I did. I bought a toothbrush holder that was made for ONE toothbrush and now there are TWO toothbrushes. When I tried to explain this to him, he felt that by purchasing his manly things in the first place I was displaying the next level anyway. I guess when I had purchased those things I thought “hospitality kit” something to stow away until his next “visit”. Having his toothbrush next to mine is so much more, permanent. Again, not a bad thing, just weird. Then my mind started racing about where to put his razor, I mean if his toothbrush was in the holder with my toothbrush then naturally his razor should be stuck up on the tile next to my venus and if that was the case, then obviously his puff would also hang next to my puff and well if that was the case then….

I am obviously nuking this.


Moving on.


In knitting news, I finally have a good start on the Anthropologie inspired capelet. One thing that threw me off with this project is the very generous blogger who contributed this pattern seems to be off by one stitch on the cast on. She has 49, but the set up row to start the Raglan Increase is a count of 50. Once I got the cast on number correct, I have just been flying through this project. I chose Debi Bliss Cashmerino yarn in cream. It’s a blend of cashmere and merino wool, very yummy. I will be excited to finish this project, this is my first sweater. I am knitting this first caplet for my daughter in which I threatened bodily harm if I ever, EVER find that she is mistreating it, EVER!!! I don’t expect to finish this as quickly as I have seen other bloggers brag about, mostly due to my house being a wreck. I have however refused to feed my children a warm meal until the house is clean in hopes to drive a little motivation from them to help. No, it’s not working out for me Dr. Phil, but it saves me from cooking this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home