Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Eclecticism

Moss Stich Scarf: Finished
Moss Stitch Hat: Started
Wine: Debeque Canyon Cabernet Franc 14% Alcohol, nuff said.

My man came over the mountain for a few days. We went to St. Peter’s Dome and found some awesome fluorite, amazonite and quartzy stuff. On our drive he makes this statement: “I’m glad you’re not an eclectic thinker”. Hmmm, let’s analyze the definition of eclectic shall we?

“Selecting or employing individual elements from a variety of sources, systems, or styles.”
“Selecting what seems best of various styles or ideas “

Eclectic Art: “the borrowing of a variety of styles from different sources and combining them"

So with these definitions I feel I am totally eclectic. Eclectic in style, music, art, thoughts and personality.
I know there are some other medical and religious cultish meanings, but I’m taking it for what it means to me. Maybe he thinks eclectic = crazy. Ok, I might be a tad crazy, I’ve been called odd once or twice, but the point is this, I really don't have one. I just felt compelled to explain my eclecticism.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home