Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Syrah, Shiraz, Shyiraz

Cherries, Vanilla, assuming oak..

Sting of alcohol.

First Bite into a plum, not quite ripe.

Fuzzy tongue.

Not bad. Debeque Canyon Syrah, Palisade, CO.

I’ve been told the difference between Shiraz and Syrah is Syrah is an “Old World” wine found in mostly European Vineyards and Shiraz is “New World mixed with “Old World” founded in Australia, making itself prevalent in the US. If this is true, then why is the one I’m drinking from GJ, CO called Syrah. I mean technically, wouldn’t it be a Shiraz by definition? Or maybe it can be called Shyiraz, coming from Western Colorada and all.. No matter, it’s not bad. After awhile it reminds me of Cold Stone. I use to get the sweet cream ice cream with black cherries and almonds mixed in. After the air circulates through this wine, I can smell that sweet cream aroma sprinkled with a touch of earth. Very Nice.

I just got off the phone with him. I think my body hit the ceiling and my heart hit the floor. He makes me feel so high and liberated. At the same time my heart sinks and I’m lost to him. I’m exposed, vulnerable and captivated. I listen intently while he speaks of minerals and cleavage. I'm fascinated by his simplistic mannerism when I know he is really complex. Not in the sense of complicated baggage. He has possessed a life that has exposed him to elements that created these different facets that make him who he is. Beautiful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home