Monday, August 20, 2007

Living SQL

Select jb.[5_year_plan_name], jh.[must_accomplish_plan_name], jb.[unique_to_5_year_plan], jb.[plan_detail], jh.[plan_detail] from JensBrain jb join JensHopes jh on jb.jensheart = jh.jensheart Group by jb.[5_year_plan_name]
Order by whatever_makes_fucking_sense_at_the_time



It must make me feel like I have some sense of some control with all the plans I make. I plan a weekly menu. For that menu I write my grocery list, such that I can plan which aisles I will need to hit and in which order. I plan my weekly wardrobe based on weather, meeting agendas, and when I will go to the dry cleaners. I have 5 year plans and I have a 5 year plans for just about any circumstance that may change the previous 5 year plan; “Single Forever Plan”, “Traveling Career Woman Plan”, “My Teenage Daughter Has A Baby At 17 Plan”, “My Son Goes To Live With His Father Plan”, “I Met “The One” Today Plan”.


These are what I call my Top Level Plans. If you drill down into each of the top level plans, you will find that each of them contain a common subset of plans; I want to finish raising my kids in a safe and secure home. I want to live in Europe. I want to excel in my DBA career. I want to be an Artist, and own it. In addition to these common subsets of plans you will also find the plans that are unique according to the top level plan. Drill down into those plans, you will find the details on how I plan to accomplish all this. Clearly, this is the most logical way of dealing with life. You have Top Level Plans, subsets of plans, and details. As the scope of life changes, you can easily INSERT the subsets from Plan A to Plan B, UPDATE the details in Plan C, DROP Plan A and CREATE Plan D.

Don't forget to commit;
GO

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home