Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Just Swallow It

Row One: K1, P1, K1, P1, K1, P1
Row Two: K1, P1, K1, P1, K1, P1

Repeat until piece measure however long you need it to.

I must be a masochist. Here I am knitting, in moss stitch no less, a scarf for my guy. Like he is really going know the difference between garter stitch and moss stitch and the painful swelling of my wrists and life time tendonitis I will develop from bringing the yarn front to back, back to front, front to back until the scarf is the right size to wrap around his neck and strangle him with because I chose to do his scarf in fucking moss stitch. It’s not his fault, but when I finish this thing he’d better be gracious.

On top of it, I just finished a bottle of one day old Pinot Gris that left me just as unsatisfied this evening as it did yesterday evening. You know? Kind of like that first drunken night with a hot new guy? Like the wine label, he appeared to be a sophisticated, bold, yet well balanced. The first night wasn’t so hot because you both had a little too much to drink and he was well, less than adequate to perform. The second night you’re hopes are high but you are sadly disappointed to find he is just as flat as the previous evening before. At least with Pinot Gris I can just swallow it, get a buzz and not fake gratification or be surprised with the aftertaste.

So, I knit here, buzzed, insomnia kicking in with full force. Maybe it’s time to open that bottle of Red Guitar?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home